Originally published on PwC.com.
The PCAOB’s activities are a vital part of the financial reporting ecosystem. That’s why we’re turning our attention to their agenda and standard setting process. Brian Croteau joins Heather Horn to discuss developments, recent changes, and what’s to come.
- 1:34 – Who’s who. This is the first time the full board has simultaneously turned over since its inception 15+ years ago. Learn more about the notable people changes.
- 3:56 – Strategic plan. To drive reliable financial reporting, the PCAOB has been conducting a significant amount of outreach. Hear an overview on their key objectives.
- 6:14 – Inspection themes. We discuss areas of focus and how their process might evolve over time.
- 15:47 – Standard setting and research projects. Hear what’s up next as Brian provides an update on the PCAOB’s standard setting and research agenda priorities.
- 19:55 – Implementation support. The PCAOB is also spending time supporting the implementation of the new auditor reporting requirements. Hear the details you need to know.