No. 11 | Wells Fargo
“At Wells Fargo, we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. In today’s rapidly changing global marketplace, a truly diverse and inclusive workforce brings richness of insights, experiences and viewpoints that inform our discussions and decisions. Getting there will take deliberate, focused action. I believe our diversity will drive us to the best ideas and outcomes possible, and our future success depends on it.”
Jimmie PaschallExecutive Vice President, Head of Enterprise Diversity & Inclusion and Strategic Philanthropy
“Our world is becoming increasingly diverse and interconnected. Consumers and businesses seek to build relationships with companies and brands that demonstrate understanding of their unique needs. To be best positioned for success in this rapidly changing environment, companies must foster a culture that acknowledges and appreciates the diversity of its employees, customers and other key stakeholders. This requires intentional and sustained focus from all levels in the company.”
- Wells Fargo is dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ+ community. In addition to working with LGBTQ+ suppliers as part of its supplier diversity, it also provides support to many national LGBTQ+ outreach organizations including the Trevor Project, the Human Rights Campaign and the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- In March, Wells Fargo bolstered its environmental impact by announcing it would not directly finance oil and gas projects in the Arctic region and updated the language in its corporate responsibility policy accordingly.
- In 2019, the Wells Fargo Foundation increased access to housing, jobs and financial coaching in communities. Grants totaling $455 million funded nonprofits across the U.S. that support causes such as affordable housing and small business growth.
In The News
- Wells Fargo Announces Aid for Customers and Communities Impacted by COVID-19
- Wells Fargo Decides Against Financing Oil, Gas in Wildlife Refuge
- Wells Fargo to Invest in African American Minority Depository Institutions
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 7 ERGs
- No. 1 People with Disabilities
- LGBT Employees
- No. 8 Supplier Diversity
- No. 14 Mentoring
- No. 2 Philanthropy
From The Company
Wells Fargo strives to build a culture where all people are valued and accepted, and individual differences are respected. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion among our customers, team members, suppliers and communities.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse work force and have a plan for increasing diversity at all levels of management. We promote career opportunities through leadership development programs, mentoring and experiential development.
Our commitment for diversity and inclusion starts at the top with our board of directors. Our Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion Council is led by our CEO and president and has senior executives from across the company who are accountable for establishing and helping to reach our D&I goals.
Additionally, we are committed to local economies by developing and using diverse suppliers in the communities where we do business. We continue to make progress toward our goal of spending 15% of our total procurement budget with diverse suppliers. Wells Fargo has made a commitment to donating $100 million by 2020 to crucial social needs such as supporting the advancement of women and other diverse leaders, furthering social inclusion through education and supporting homeownership for those who may not have had access to it.
U.S. Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
U.S. Employees: 260,000
2019 Top 50 Ranking: No. 13