Originally Published by Hilton
Starting October 1, 2019, Verde Kitchen will be partnering with Impossible™ foods to provide city foodies with new plant-based options as a conscious effort to advocate ‘Diet Change For Climate Change’ and celebrate World Vegetarian Day that is observed every year on October 1.
Studies have shown an increasing demand for meat that is causing an adverse effect on wildlife and biodiversity due to the increased amount of carbon emissions and consumption of fresh water with half the land on earth occupied by animal agriculture1. To combat rising environmental concerns and increase diners’ awareness of alternative options to meat, Verde Kitchen will be partnering with Impossible™ foods to provide great tasting plant-based dishes that are environmentally responsible without sacrificing flavours.
New dishes include:
- All-you-need salad bowl; avocado, tomato, farro, red cabbage, spinach, carrot, fennel, citrus fruits and Impossible™ Kofta kebab;
- Impossible™ burger; spinach brioche bun with truffle mayo, Cheddar, tomato, lettuce and smoked barbecue sauce;
- Impossible™ meat rissoles pasta; gluten-free organic corn fusilli with local farmed mushroom, green peas and Grana Padano
- Thai basil Impossible™ meatballs with onions, garlic, chilli, local greens, brown rice and omega-3 egg
With Verde Kitchen’s mission to provide “real food, full of natural flavours,” the refreshed menu for Quarter 4 of the year will also feature other new and signature must-try menu items that include:
- New quinoa and mango salad with Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) certified prawns, Feta, pomegranate, walnut and spinach
- Gluten-free almond crusted ASC-certified salmon with arugula, Feta, green pea mash and coconut oil dressing
- Grilled tandoori organic lacto chicken wrap servced with tortilla, ketchumbar salad and yoghurt mint dressing
- Vietnamese pho with grass-fed beef fillet and rice noodles with Asian herbs and spices
Verde Kitchen, the cozy 32 seater located at Level 2 of Hilton Singapore is the perfect restaurant for great tasting healthy lunches with the menu spotlighting on the restaurant’s commitment to serve wholesome dishes including gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and raw food options. In addition, 98 percent of the menu items are made from scratch in-house daily and 60 percent of seafood served is from sustainable seafood sources. These sustainably and locally sourced ingredients and menu items support Hilton’s Travel with Purpose strategy and 2030 goals to cut its environmental footprint in half and double its investment in social impact by 2030.
Quarterly Menu Refresh With New Plant-Based Dishes
Available from 1 October to 31 December, 2019
Opening Hours: 10:30am to 4:30pm (Monday to Saturday)
Level 2, Hilton Singapore
581 Orchard Road, Singapore 238883
For reservations, call +65 6730 3397 or email VerdeKitchen@hilton.com.
For more information on dining offerings at Verde Kitchen, visit hiltonsingaporerestaurants.com/verdekitchen. All prices printed herein are subject to seven percent GST and 10 percent service charge.
Media can access additional information about Hilton Singapore at newsroom.hilton.com/singapore.
1 Medium.com – Heme & Health: The Essentials: https://medium.com/impossible-foods/heme-health-the-essentials-95201e5afffa