Originally published at pressroom.toyota.com. Toyota Motor North America ranked No. 7 on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list in 2021.
Toyota’s mission of Mobility for All is at the core of a new education initiative by Toyota and Discovery Education called “Keys to Connect.”
Designed for wherever learning takes place, “Keys to Connect” includes a variety of no-cost, standards-aligned digital resources that immerse learners at all levels to address transportation challenges and imagine the future of mobility. Visit toyotakeystoconnect.com.
Keys to Connect features:
- A youth engagement challenge designed to motivate and inspire original approaches to societal issues such as transportation.
- Career profiles to introduce innovators working behind-the-scenes at Toyota to deliver Mobility for All.
- Virtual field trips and an educator guide, with the next event premiering October 12 at 1 p.m. ET with a behind-the-scenes view of the supply chain.
“The aim of ‘Keys to Connect’ is to encourage students to explore what Mobility for All is about,” said Sean Suggs, group vice president, Toyota Social Innovation. “Through exploring transportation challenges in their communities and creating potential solutions, students apply critical thinking skills to improve access to opportunities, connect people in new ways and build a more inclusive society.”
“Keys to Connect” builds on a decade partnership between Toyota and Discovery Education, beginning with a teen-focused driving safety program called TeenDrive365.
“Building a more inclusive and connected world starts in the classroom,” said Lori McFarling, president of social impact at Discovery Education. “Inspiring students and empowering educators with STEM resources focused on the evolving world of mobility directly fosters the development of the next generation of solution seekers needed to help make a better world for all. We are proud to partner with Toyota on this new educational initiative.”
Learn more about “Keys to Connect” at toyotakeystoconnect.com and in Discovery Education’s K-12 learning platform.
Upcoming Virtual Field Trip
- What: Moving to Market Virtual Field Trip
- When: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 1 p.m. ET
- Visit: toyotakeystoconnect.com/virtual-field-trip
- About: Celebrate the dynamic movement of the supply chain as students follow the lifecycle of automotive parts travelling from manufacture to their final destinations all over the country. Along the way, a variety of real-world professionals will show students how their everyday passion and problem-solving help to support Toyota’s mission of providing Mobility for All. Find out how the many moving parts of the auto supply chain come together through a combination of complex machines, ingenious processes and the commitment of a talented team.
A series of free STEM-based lessons and curriculum through Toyota USA Foundation partners, virtual field trips and more can be found at Toyota’s virtual education hub. The hub also provides visitors with an immersive experience and a chance to visit many of its U.S. manufacturing facilities.
For more information about Discovery Education’s digital resources and professional learning services, visit www.discoveryeducation.com, and stay connected with Discovery Education on social media through Twitter and LinkedIn.