No. 9 | TIAA
Roger Ferguson, Jr.President & CEO
“We’re proud of TIAA’s inclusive culture and diverse workforce. Inclusion and diversity are an essential part of who we are, because they help us to better understand and address our clients’ needs. That’s especially important as we strive to help our clients navigate the unprecedented challenges they face today.”
Corie PaulingSVP, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
“As our associates and clients navigate the current health and financial crisis, it is more important than ever before that we embrace diverse perspectives and champion inclusion. When associates contribute and are supported as their full selves in the workplace, particularly during times of crisis, they are more engaged and empowered to drive success on behalf of our clients.”
- TIAA is not risking the quality of its 10-week internship program, even if it has to meet virtually. The program will have more than 200 interns in support of nine business lines along with 73 rotational associates joining six program tracks.
- In March, TIAA donated excess food from its company cafeterias to food banks and other organizations to help address food insecurity during COVID-19.
- TIAA has a variety of Business Resource Groups (BRGs) to increase diversity and inclusion and give employees a sense of belonging, including groups for Asian, Black, Latino and Hispanic people, LGBTQ+, women and people with diversity abilities.
In The News
- TIAA’s Intern Program Goes Virtual
- TIAA Institute And Gflec Study Finds Americans’ Financial Literacy Has Increased Over Time
- TIAA Donating Surplus Food to Communities During Coronavirus Outbreak
- TIAA: 2020 Proxy Season Will See Heightened Focus on Environmental and Social Factors Amid Regulatory, Market and Economic Uncertainty
Other DiversityInc Lists
- LGBT Employees
From The Company
For more than 100 years, TIAA has been committed to helping institutions and individuals pursue positive outcomes through an array of global, diversified financial services and a long-term investment perspective.
TIAA’s culture, values, inclusion and diversity have helped drive our success and form the foundation that makes us a different kind of financial partner. Our six values define who we are and what we stand for. Act with Integrity, operate as one team, take personal accountability, deliver excellence, value our people and put the customer first. They drive every decision we make and every action we take.
TIAA strives to support an inclusive work environment, our associates are the driving force behind successful business outcomes and creating the best culture possible. Today, TIAA has 258 offices in 24 countries, approximately 16,500 associates and services more than 15,000 institutions. TIAA is the #1 not-for-profit retirement market provider in assets and participant accounts.
U.S. Headquarters: New York, NY
Global Employees: 16,425
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 15