Originally Published by The Walt Disney Company.
The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) announced that several senior film executives of Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (“21st Century Fox” —NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) are joining Disney’s Studio Entertainment management team, conditional upon closing of Disney’s pending acquisition of 21st Century Fox.
“We’re pleased that these talented executives will be joining our incredible team of studio leaders once the acquisition of 21st Century Fox is completed,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Under Alan Horn’s leadership, Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm have reached unprecedented levels of creative and box-office success, and adding Fox’s impressive film brands and franchises to our studio will allow us to create even more appealing high-quality entertainment to delight audiences.”
“The addition of these respected film groups under the umbrella of The Walt Disney Studios will create endless possibilities as we continue to deliver first-rate motion pictures to audiences around the world,” said Mr. Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “This is an experienced group of executives, and Alan Bergman and I look forward to welcoming them to our leadership ranks upon completion of the acquisition.”
Reporting directly to Mr. Horn will be:
- Emma Watts, Vice Chairman, Twentieth Century Fox Film and President, Production, Twentieth Century Fox
- Nancy Utley and Stephen Gilula, Chairmen, Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Elizabeth Gabler, President of Production, Fox 2000
Reporting to Mr. Horn and Ms. Watts will be:
- Andrea Miloro and Robert Baird, Co-Presidents, Fox Animation
- Vanessa Morrison, President, Fox Family
The executives will join Mr. Horn’s existing leadership team that includes:
- Alan Bergman, President, The Walt Disney Studios
- Sean Bailey, President, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production
- Ed Catmull, President, Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Jennifer Lee, Chief Creative Officer, Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Pete Docter, Chief Creative Officer, Pixar Animation Studios
- Kevin Feige, President, Marvel Studios
- Louis D’Esposito, Co-President, Marvel Studios
- Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
- Ken Bunt, President, Disney Music Group
- Thomas Schumacher, President & Producer, Disney Theatrical Group
Disney’s acquisition of 21st Century Fox has received formal approval from shareholders of both companies, and Disney and 21st Century Fox have entered into a consent decree with the U.S. Department of Justice that allows the acquisition to proceed, while requiring the sale of the Fox Sports Regional Networks. The transaction is subject to a number of non-U.S. merger and other regulatory reviews.