No. 27 | The Boeing Company
David CalhounPresident and CEO
“Each team member brings something uniquely valuable to Boeing, and we’re putting that diversity to work, creating opportunity for everyone to contribute as we work together to deliver for our customers and all those who use our products and services.”
Sara BowenVice President, Global Diversity & Inclusion
“In these challenging times we need to empower our people to be their best, and that requires inclusion. We also need diversity to bring rigor to our decisions, combat group hink, and challenge each other to consider different viewpoints and perspectives. Inclusion and diversity are vital to every organization’s success.”
- Boeing is committed in ensuring that veterans have ample career opportunities when separating from military service and entering civilian life. Veterans represent 15% of Boeing’s workforce.
- Boeing increased representation of women and minorities in executive ranks by nearly doubling the percentage of women in Engineering and IT vice president positions in the last three years.
- In 2019, Boeing investing more than $240 million, its employees and retirees to help build better communities worldwide.
In The News
- Boeing: Women Make Us Better
- Boeing Delivers First 3D-Printed Face Shields for COVID-19 Response
- Boeing Receives Military Friendly Designation
- Boeing Employees Provide 3.2 Million Pounds of Food to Families in Need
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 6 Veterans
- No. 9 ERGs
From The Company
At Boeing, we are more than 160,000 teammates across the United States and more than 65 countries. We partner with manufacturing, service and technology companies and more than 20,000 suppliers globally. Together, our products and services support customers in more than 150 countries.
Diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives bring innovative ideas, stronger teams, a high-performing culture and better results. We are committed to equal pay for equal work, and building our future with a talented, engaged and diverse workforce at all levels.
The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a robust global equity, diversity and inclusion strategy and a work environment that is safe, welcoming, respectful, fair, ethical and inspiring, with abundant opportunities for professional and personal development.
U.S. Headquarters: Chicago, IL.
Global Employees: 161,133
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 32