TD Bank Group (TD) is proud to be listed in the DJSI World Index for the ninth consecutive year. The DJSI World Index benchmarks the sustainability performance of the 10% of the largest 2,500 companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index based on long-term economic, environmental and social criteria. From a global pool of 240 eligible companies in its industry, TD is included in the shortlist of 25. As of December 9, 2022, TD is the only North American-based bank included in the World Index.
“Across TD’s global footprint, we are focused on delivering on our purpose to positively impact those we serve in the communities where we live and work, and the economies that rely on us,” said Janice Farrell Jones, SVP and Head of Sustainability and Corporate Citizenship at TD. “Our inclusion on the DJSI World Index for the ninth consecutive year is a reflection of our ongoing efforts to drive ESG progress and foster inclusive and sustainable growth.”
TD scored the highest in the areas of Financial Inclusion, Environmental Reporting, Social Reporting and Customer Relationship Management and Risk and Crisis Management among other categories.
Some of TD’s investments and goals related to inclusive and sustainable growth in 2022 include:
- A $10 million investment in Canada’s largest ever single private conservation project, and the formation of a specialized Carbon Advisory Business within TD Securities to help equip clients with innovative end-to-end carbon market solutions.
- The release of interim Scope 3 financed emissions targets for two priority sectors, Energy and Power Generation.
- The establishment of the Black Entrepreneur Loan Program, an outcome of TD’s five year, $10-million commitment to the Black Opportunity Fund (BOF).
- Announced the 15 grant recipients of the 2021 TD Ready Challenge, an annual North American initiative of the TD Ready Commitment that awards $10 million in grants to community organizations dedicated to driving innovative, equitable and scalable solutions for a changing world. In 2021, the TD Ready Challenge focused on seeking solutions to address the pandemic-related learning loss for disproportionately impacted students in grades K-12.
Other key recognitions TD has received for its sustainability efforts in 2022 include:
- Ranked top North American Bank in the 2022 S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook
- Included in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for the sixth consecutive year
- Named a Top Company for Diversity in 2022 by DiversityInc and Forbes
- Named one of the 2022 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation
- TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank was recognized with the top score of 100% in the 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) for the eighth consecutive year
TD thanks its customers, colleagues and the communities it serves and congratulates all members of the DJSI World Index.