At TD, we know that our greatest asset is our people. That’s why our mission is to cultivate a service-oriented, barrier-free culture that attracts, invests in, and promotes all talent. In turn, we gain a wealth of innovative ideas and unique perspectives that empower us to meet the needs of our customers in an ever-evolving financial market.
We take pride in creating a culture that celebrates the unique talents and contributions of each individual. We recognize that by fostering an atmosphere of belonging, our colleagues will feel motivated to perform to their highest potential and inspired to help us be The Better Bank.
Our success depends on it. Diversity helps us be more innovative, more flexible and ultimately more sustainable by giving us access to the most diverse and creative thinking possible. We need great people who feel engaged, take pride in their work, and can develop and achieve their potential at a place that reflects their values. By doing this, we attract and develop the best people and create a richer and more inclusive experience for our colleagues, customers and communities.
Living Our Mission
We place the same value on delivering against our success in this area as we do with our strategic and business objectives. Every leader in our organization is held accountable for our success by:
- Recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting the very best talent from all backgrounds
- Ensuring every colleague has access to challenging career opportunities and focused individualized development
- Supporting business resource groups (BRGs) dedicated to advocating for minorities, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2+ community and veterans
- Providing an inclusive, barrier-free environment where every colleague and customer feels valued, respected and supported
- Serving the diverse needs of the communities where we work and live
- Conducting business with diverse suppliers