TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, has been recognized with the top score of 100% in the 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) for the eighth consecutive year. The DEI is a nationally recognized benchmarking tool that evaluates corporate policies and practices focused on disability inclusion and workplace equality.
“We’re proud of the progress we’ve made in advancing disability inclusion across the bank,” said Chris Giamo, Head, Commercial Bank, TD Bank, N.A. and Management Committee Executive Sponsor, Individuals with Diverse Abilities. “Creating a more inclusive tomorrow for everyone is a commitment we embrace every day at TD, one that reflects the enormous passion our colleagues have in enriching lives and investing in the communities where we live and work.”
The Disability Equality Index (DEI) was first launched in 2015 by Disability:IN and The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD). Today, it is recognized as one of the most robust disability inclusion assessment tools in the marketplace. Businesses must score 80% or higher to be recognized as a “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion.”
The 2022 DEI measures performance against key categories including: Culture & Leadership; Enterprise-Wide Access; Employment Practices (Benefits, Recruitment, Employment, Education, Retention & Advancement, Accommodations); Community Engagement; Supplier Diversity; and Non-U.S. Operations (Non-Weighted).
“Disability inclusion is a rapidly expanding aspect of corporate culture, and it’s gratifying to partner with 415 companies on the 2022 Disability Equality Index,” said Jill Houghton, President and CEO of Disability:IN. “These top-scoring companies not only excel in disability inclusion, but many are also adopting emerging trends and pioneering measures that can move the disability agenda from accommodation to inclusion and ultimately, genuine belonging.”
Making Disability Inclusion a Priority:
- Most recently, TD Bank was recognized by DiversityInc as a Top Company for Diversity in 2022. DiversityInc also ranked TD Bank No. 1 on its specialty list for Top Companies for People with Disabilities (PwD) in 2022.
- TD also ranked No. 9 on the Forbes list of Best Employers for Diversity 2022, rising from No. 188 in 2021.
- TD Bank received the Project SEARCH Award of Excellence following its fifth year teaming up as a host employer for Project SEARCH in 2021. Project SEARCH is a national program that helps adult students with intellectual and developmental disabilities transition into the workplace. The one-year program provides classroom instruction, career exploration and job skills training through three 10-week internship rotations.
- TD also works with Specialisterne, a hiring program designed to increase representation of individuals on the spectrum. Specialisterne harnesses the unique talents of people with autism and use them as a competitive advantage, and as a means to help people with autism secure meaningful employment.
- In 2021, TD launched the second Enabling Leaders cohort, created for TD Bank colleagues who identify as having a disability. This comprehensive leadership communications program empowers participants to hone leadership capability to achieve their full potential.
- TD also continued to amplify the voices and lived experiences of people with disabilities by sharing the stories of TD colleagues and interns who bring their unique talents and whole selves to work each day to further bolster disability inclusion.
- TD Bank signed the Joint Investor Statement on Corporate Disability Inclusion urging all businesses to become more inclusive workplaces by hiring and supporting people with disabilities.