No. 18 | TD Bank
Greg BracaPresident and CEO
“We take great pride in supporting and celebrating the contributions of our colleagues. By fostering a culture of inclusion, we promote greater innovation, engagement and creativity that delivers on our brand promise. At TD, we put our words into actions and continue our commitment to building a more inclusive tomorrow for all.”
Girish GanesanGlobal Head of Diversity & Inclusion Head of Talent
“Diversity and inclusion are core values at TD, and part of our strategic advantage. Our commitment to inclusion is grounded in a belief that our future success depends on the quality and engagement of our colleagues to achieve our shared purpose.”
- TD is dedicated to mentoring, and especially mentoring diverse employees. Out of its seven mentorship programs, four have a diversity component.
- TD Bank is committed to supporting the communities it works in. It has an employee volunteer team match program in which the company proves a donation for every employee that volunteers at least 40 hours. It also matches donations made through its annual Employee Giving Campaign.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, TD Bank confirmed it would not be making any layoffs to employees related to the pandemic, and would be adapting or transitioning roles if needed to ensure employees’ job security.
In The News
- TD Bank Confirms No Job Losses in 2020 Resulting From COVID-19
- Women’s History Month: TD Bank Focused on Empowering Women to Reach Full Potential
- TD Bank Provides $28.6 Million in Funding to Redevelop Affordable Housing Community in South Florida
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 20 Mentoring
From The Company
At the heart of all that we do at TD is a culture of care where everyone is seen, appreciated and supported. As the world changes around us, everyone wants to feel a part of something. To feel included. To have a voice. And to feel empowered —at work and in life. Everyone deserves to feel confident about themselves and their future. At TD, our unique and inclusive culture starts with great colleagues who feel engaged, take pride in their work and feel respected and valued for who they are. By attracting and developing people from all backgrounds, skillsets and mindsets, we are ultimately creating a richer, more inclusive experience for our colleagues, customers and communities.
TD has made great progress in our effort to elevate D&I as one of the priorities for the bank. In 2019, we moved from No. 34 to No. 19 on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity list; hosted a highly successful World Pride Summit in New York, conducted our first North American Black History, U.S. Hispanic Heritage Month and Veteran Summits; partnered with Project SEARCH for a third year; and improved onboarding of colleagues with diverse abilities.
U.S. Headquarters: Cherry Hill, NJ
U.S. Employees: 28,143
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 19