No. 28 | Sanofi U.S.
Carole HuntsmanHead of North America Sanofi Genzyme and U.S. Country Lead
“Patients deserve the very best we can offer, and we can only deliver on that promise when employees feel like they belong, can bring their whole self to work and unleash their fullest potential. Being on Diversity Inc.’s Top 50 is an important recognition and a testament of the role inclusion & diversity plays at Sanofi.”
Cristina SantosHead of Inclusion & Diversity, Total Well-Being and EEO, N.A.
“We aspire to climb the DiversityInc Top 50 year after year. The submission process plays a meaningful role in how we execute our I&D strategy. It widens our lens by helping us examine our efforts, celebrate our strengths and face our opportunities head on.”
- In 2019, Sanofi launched new programs to expand its efforts in representation, retention and development of employees from underrepresented groups. The company focused on diversity outreach and talent acquisition, growing its multicultural employee resource group (ERG) MOSAIC, engaging and developing women of color, and working to understand the employee experience of people of color and early career talent.
- Sanofi is dedicated to removing the stigma surrounding mental illness. On World Mental Health Day in October 2019, the company launched a mental health campaign under the theme of “It’s Ok To Not Be Ok.” These efforts included promoting its new mental health benefit “Ginger,” an on-demand emotional support tool free to employees and their dependents.
- Sanofi is on the frontlines of working to develop a vaccine for COVID-19. In April, the company announced it joined forces with GSK to work to develop the vaccine and make it accessible and affordable to people in all countries.
In The News
From The Company
Sanofi is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We prevent illness with vaccines and provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few living with rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. Every day we dedicate our most important resource — our people— to our purpose — Empowering Life — by supporting patients and families through their health journeys. Sanofi depends on the diversity and talents within to be more innovative, effective and competitive. By maximizing the power of difference, we create a culture where employees feel engaged, empowered and included. In 2019 we dedicated our inclusion and diversity efforts to supporting each other as a community in meaningful ways.
- We continued our commitment to engaging men as part of our journey.
- We brought understanding and awareness to transgender youth through our World Pride celebration.
- We gave voice to mental health challenges in the workplace reinforcing the connection between wellbeing, inclusion and belonging.
- We sought to better understand the employee experience of people of color and early career talent.We’re proud to be a part of DiversityInc’s Top 50 and recognize there’s always more to be done.
U.S. Headquarters: Bridgewater, NJ.
Global Employees: 100,000
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 31