Originally published on PwC.com.
To help navigate uncertain times, hear PwC discuss the CARES Act and the liquidity programs it aims to provide companies.
You’ve heard about the CARES Act – but do you know the business provisions and areas of focus that companies are most interested in? This podcast is the next episode in a series that addresses questions received surrounding the impacts of COVID-19 and related legislation on your financial statements. Heather Horn is joined by PwC’s Suzanne Roske, Rohit Kumar, and Michael O’Brien to discuss the business opportunities of the CARES Act.
- 1:16 – Background. We begin with an overview of the three-phased congressional action, and then give a view into the CARES Act and other remedies that the government is employing.
- 3:59 – Tax implications. What are some of the tax provisions in the CARES Act? Rohit discusses recovery rebates, loan facilities, unemployment insurance, and more.
- 8:55 – Loan programs. How can companies take advantage of the variety of available loan programs? Suzanne outlines three buckets of focus for companies.
- 22:05 – Accessing the right relief. There are effective moves to ensure you’re accessing the relief programs that make the most sense for your company. Here we discuss the importance of scenario planning and compliance considerations.
- 30:15 – What’s next? We wrap up with thoughts on what listeners may see next coming from Congress.