DiversityInc Book Recommendations for Leaders
Our recommended reading list includes titles like Ibrahm X. Kendi's "How to be an Antiracist", Paul Butler's "Chokehold," Robin DiAngelo's "White Fragility" and Isabel Wilkerson's "The Warmth of Other Suns."...read more
Lessons to be Learned From Kamala Harris
Joe Biden had a drawn-out process to pick his running mate for vice president, Sen. Kamala Harris. There are excellent lessons to be learned for corporate America...read more
2020 TOP 50 COMPANIES FOR DIVERSITY LIST
This list is comprised of companies whose data indicates they have the potential to make the DiversityInc Top 50 list. Noteworthy companies are judged by the same criteria as used in the Top 50 competition, including their responses in the following areas:
- Human Capital Diversity Metrics: Gender and racial/ethnic representation of the overall workforce and management, as well as representation in new hires, promotions, turnover and the 10% highest-paid employees
- Leadership Accountability: CEO/senior leadership commitment and accountability, diversity and inclusion management, as well as representation metrics and practices of the board of directors and diversity councils
- Talent Programs: Participation metrics and practices for formal mentoring, formal sponsorship, employee resource groups and high potential programs
- Workplace Practices: Practices and metrics related to talent acquisition, talent management, onboarding, diversity training, workforce development and engagement, LGBTQ inclusion, people with disabilities, military community, and employee benefits
- Supplier Diversity: Procurement spend with companies owned by people from under-represented groups, as well as leadership accountability and management practices
- Philanthropy: Contributions to and engagement with non-profit organizations focused on people from underrepresented groups
American Family Insurance
Citizens Financial Group
Honda North America
International Flavors & Fragrances
MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
State Street Corporation
Tata Consultancy Services
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
OTHER SPECIALTY LISTS
These lists are based on a metrics-driven evaluation that abandons a preconceived set number of companies on a list.
They are evaluated on group performance, and the cutoff takes place where there is a significant difference between the top companies and the next runner up.
As a result, there may be fewer than or more than 10 companies on a list.