Novartis will present data across its breast cancer portfolio and pipeline in a broad range of patient populations, treatment combinations and pathways at the upcoming 40thannual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS), San Antonio, December 5-9.
“Our presentations at SABCS will address some of the most pressing challenges and questions facing the advanced breast cancer community, including the need to better understand treatment sequencing and biomarkers,” said Bruno Strigini, CEO, Novartis Oncology. “At Novartis, we seek to advance scientific understanding of breast cancer with the ultimate goal of improving treatments and outcomes for those affected by the disease. We are pleased to share the latest data from our MONALEESA program, which continues to evaluate the potential of Kisqali treatment in new patient populations.”
Results from the Phase III MONALEESA-7 trial in premenopausal women with hormone-receptor positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 negative (HR+/HER2-) advanced or metastatic breast cancer will be presented for the first time in a late-breaker oral presentation.
- First-line ribociclib vs placebo with goserelin and tamoxifen or a non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor in premenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: Results from the randomized phase III MONALEESA-7 trial [Abstract #S2-05; Wednesday, December 6, 4:15 – 4:30 PM CST]
Additional abstracts from across the breast cancer portfolio include:
- First-line ribociclib + letrozole in hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative advanced breast cancer: Efficacy by baseline circulating tumor DNA alterations in MONALEESA-2 [Abstract #PD4-06; Thursday, December 7, 7:00 – 9:00 AM CST]
- Subsequent treatment for postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative advanced breast cancer who received ribociclib + letrozole vs placebo + letrozole in the phase III MONALEESA-2 study [Abstract #P5-21-18; Friday, December 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Efficacy and safety of ribociclib plus letrozole in US patients enrolled in the MONALEESA-2 study [Abstract #P5-21-27; Friday, December 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Quality of life and patient-reported outcomes in US patients enrolled in the MONALEESA-2 study [Abstract #P1-13-12; Wednesday, December 6, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- EarLEE-2: A phase 3 study of ribociclib + endocrine therapy (ET) for adjuvant treatment of patients with hormone receptor-positive (HR+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-), intermediate-risk, early breast cancer (EBC) [Abstract #OT3-05-06; Friday, December 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Patient-centered initiatives for improving trial participation of diverse patient populations in the open-label phase 3b CompLEEment-1 study of ribociclib plus letrozole in the treatment of HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer [Abstract #P4-10-07; Friday, December 8, 7:00 – 9:00 AM CST]
- Serum activin A and outcomes in HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer patients treated with everolimus: Results from BOLERO-2 [Abstract #P1-07-09; Wednesday, December 6, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Ribociclib in combination with everolimus and exemestane in men and postmenopausal women with HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer following progression on a CDK4/6 inhibitor: Efficacy and updated safety and pharmacokinetic results from phase 1 of the TRINITI-1 study [Abstract #PD5-11; Thursday, December 7, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Copy number aberration analysis to predict response to neoadjuvant anti-HER2 therapy: results from the NeoALTTO phase III trial [Abstract #S1-04; Wednesday, December 6, 10:15 – 10:30 AM CST]
- Circulating tumor DNA in HER2 amplified breast cancer: A translational research substudy of the NeoALTTO phase III trial [Abstract #PD3-03; Thursday, December 7, 7:00 – 9:00 AM CST]
- BYLieve: A phase 2 study of alpelisib with fulvestrant or letrozole for treatment ofPIK3CAmutant, hormone receptor-positive (HR+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2–) advanced breast cancer (aBC) progressing on/after cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK)4/6 inhibitor therapy [Abstract #OT3-05-02; Friday, December 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Alpelisib plus letrozole in estrogen receptor-Positive (ER+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-) advanced breast cancer (aBC): Safety and preliminary efficacy analysis from a phase 1b trial [Abstract #P5-21-06; Friday, December 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
- Phase I/Ib study of the SERD LSZ102 alone or in combination with ribociclib in ER+ breast cancer [Abstract #P5-21-04; Friday, December 8, 5:00 – 7:00 PM CST]
For prescribing information, including approved indications and important safety information about marketed products, visithttps://www.novartis.com/our-work/product-portfolio.