Led by Nielsen’s team of 20 neuroscientists and grounded in a deep understanding of consumer emotion and decision-making, multidisciplinary programs will showcase the latest in applied behavioral sciences.
Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) announced that its Consumer Neuroscience division, the leader in measuring non-conscious responses central to consumer emotions and behavior, launched its Behavioral Sciences Institute, a collection of multidisciplinary programs designed to educate industry leaders and help them apply knowledge from the latest in science-based behavioral insights.
Available immediately and led by more than 20 highly credentialed Ph.D./M.D. neuroscientists, who are part of Nielsen’s global team, the initiative features a range of seminars and workshops on behavioral sciences and consumer insights topics grounded in Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience’s deep understanding of conscious and non-conscious decision-making. Designed for various levels of expertise, these programs will translate complex, science-based behavioral data into actionable insights that can impact all areas of a brand’s business.
“As companies increasingly understand that behavioral sciences can have a significant, far-reaching impact on their businesses—from the products they sell to the ways they sell them—they are seeking expert guidance they can trust,” said Joe Willke, President of Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience. “Our Behavioral Sciences Institute will help brands harness the power of true behavioral science and its related fields, and incorporate that knowledge into their day-to-day processes.”
The catalog of programs offered through Nielsen’s Behavioral Sciences Institute, which include targeted presentations, workshops and immersive learning sessions, focus on three unique tiers:
- Foundational sessions designed to provide introductory knowledge around consumer-related behavioral sciences, behavioral economics, neuroscience and other decision-science disciplines.
- Specialized sessions focused on deep learning in areas in which Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience has significant knowledge and expertise including how brands can create new habits in their customers and how the brain processes and organizes elements of design (for example, color, music, characters and branding).
- Custom sessions tailored to address specific questions and insights that brands are seeking related to their unique business and marketing challenges.
“Nielsen has been instrumental in making the applied behavioral sciences and neurosciences a Mars way of working,” said Jessica Southard, Senior Manager of Consumer Market Insights at Mars, Inc. “Their academic credentials provide tremendous credibility. They’re also able to blend science and academia with real world, touch and feel examples, which ultimately has helped our team grasp concepts in a way that’s clear and obvious in the business applications.”
Behavioral Sciences Institute attendees will benefit from three primary Nielsen advantages:
- A team of highly credentialed neuroscientists with business-relevant experience working closely with strong client service teams located throughout The Americas, Europe and Asia.
- A fully integrated consumer neuroscience research division that offers the industry’s most complete suite of tools and an extensive global footprint.
- Connection to Nielsen’s broad network of dynamic solutions and data-driven insights on a global scale.
For over a decade, Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience has provided unparalleled insights into the emotions and behaviors of consumers. We employ the industry’s most complete suite of tools in our 16 state-of-the-art neuroscience labs around the world that are outfitted with the latest technology and teams of skilled neurophysiologists. We have conducted over 13,000 projects in more than 40 countries, and we have the mobile capability to conduct field studies in many more. Our team has the largest patent portfolio in the neurotechnology industry, with nearly 200 awarded and pending patents worldwide, with ongoing support from our active R&D efforts. Our dedicated neuroscientists collectively have authored over 550 peer-reviewed publications and have won multiple awards for building better brands.
For more information about the Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience Behavioral Sciences Institute or to schedule your introductory session, please visit www.nielsen.com/behavioralsciences.