Marriott Golf, one of the world's premier golf operators, announced that it raised more than $48,000 last year for PGA REACH – the charitable foundation of the PGA of America — during the Annual Hit the Green for HOPE promotion. The funds raised were designed to support PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere).
Over Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Veterans Day, golfers had an opportunity to participate at 17 Marriott Golf properties nationwide. Each property took on the challenge of raising funds through various methods.
One of the most popular methods was through a "Hit the Green Contest." By donating $10, players had chances to hit the green with a tee shot on a designated par-3 hole, in exchange for discounts on golf shop merchandise. Other properties hosted tournaments, created contests with staff, loyal customers and members—or discounted rounds of golf—to generate additional fundraising proceeds. Donations eclipsed the previous total of $26,000 from the 2016 campaign by 85 percent.
PGA HOPE is the flagship military program of PGA REACH, the 501 (c)(3) charitable foundation of the PGA of America. PGA HOPE introduces golf to Veterans with disabilities to enhance their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being. Led by PGA Professionals, PGA HOPE has helped thousands of Veterans assimilate back into their communities through the social interaction the game of golf provides. All PGA HOPE programming is fully funded by PGA REACH and offered at NO COST for military Veterans.
"PGA REACH is thrilled that Marriott Golf has dedicated so much time and effort to help Veterans through PGA HOPE," said PGA REACH Senior Director Ryan Cannon. "Because of Marriott Golf, many Veterans will have an opportunity to become active again, through the wonderful game of golf."
"We will continue to support PGA REACH and programs like PGA HOPE, because it defines many of the core values that are at the heart of Marriott's culture," said Brett Stark, Senior Director, Marketing & eCommerce, Marriott Golf. "Marriott Golf properties host several programs to have a positive impact on the lives of our Veterans, who have given so much to our great country."
Participating courses in the Hit the Green for HOPE campaign represented some of the country's premier golf venues, including:
- Wildfire Golf Club, Phoenix
- Camelback Golf Club, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Starr Pass Country Club, Tucson, Ariz.
- Desert Springs Golf Resort, Palm Desert, Calif.
- Shadow Ridge Golf Club, Palm Desert, Calif.
- Grande Vista Golf Club, Orlando, Fla.
- Hawk's Landing Golf Club, Orlando, Fla.
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Grande Lakes, Orlando, Fla.
- The Rookery & Hammock Bay, Marco Island, Fla.
- Renaissance Vinoy Golf Club, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- The Ritz-Carlton Members Club, Sarasota, Fla.
- Stone Mountain Golf Club, Stone Mountain, Ga.
- Griffin Gate Golf Club, Lexington, Ky.
- Toftrees Golf Club, State College, Penn.
- Gaylord Springs Golf Club, Nashville, Tenn.
- Cattails Golf Club, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Westfields Golf Club, Clifton, Va.
For more information on PGA HOPE, visit pgareach.org.