Companies in The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity know that talent development and building a healthy, diverse pipeline for management starts early. That is, when new hires first come on board. It's a strategy that not only attracts the brightest recruits but also keeps top performers engaged.
Diversity leaders Steve Bucherati, chief diversity officer, The Coca-Cola Company (No. 46 in the 2012 DiversityInc Top 50), and Susan Hamilton, assistant vice president, diversity, CSX (No. 23), discuss in our diversity web seminar on talent development the best practices that have allowed their companies' talent to thrive, resulting in sustained business success.
The 90-minute diversity seminar on talent development, led by Barbara Frankel, senior vice president and executive editor for DiversityInc, also offers insights into current trends from exclusive DiversityInc Top 50 data.
Highlights from the presentation include:
- Identifying the most common gaps among senior-level managers
- An exclusive example of Coca-Cola's diversity-metrics scorecard and the top roles they measure
- How cross-cultural mentoring creates a full-circle strategy for pipeline through talent development
- How both internal and external resource groups can help pinpoint your top performers and increase retention
- Why CSX tailors its Associate Development Programs to align with corporate culture and foster company traditions
The diversity seminar is available as a video presentation and a downloadable PDF.
For more on talent development, read about IBM's innovative best practices in Talent Development & Mentoring: How to Find & Develop Hidden Gems.