Originally published at mastercard.com. Mastercard ranked No. 5 on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list in 2021.
Our world is full of brilliant possibilities, but they’re not always open to everyone. We’re focused on designing a better world for women because we know that when we do, we also create limitless possibilities for all.
At Mastercard, we’re taking the lead in reshaping the way our world is designed, coded and constructed for the future of work, fintech and society as a whole. We identify and overcome the invisible barriers women face, harnessing technology and data for good, forging ambitious partnerships to reach more parts of the world and championing the people and businesses that are transforming the way we live, work and play.
Reshape the Future
Building the next generation of female leaders.
- Women at Mastercard earn $1 to every $1 men earn.
- We’ve tied Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance goals to increase female representation at the vice president level and above.
- Relaunch Your Career gives mid-career professionals a chance to re-enter the workplace.
- Women Who Lead accelerates women’s leadership development.
- Boards for Impact provides women leaders practice for progression into senior roles.
- Our women’s mentoring series supports women at all levels.
We’re committed to financial inclusion because when women work, economies grow.
- We’ve pledged to bring a total of 1 billion people and 50 million micro and small businesses into the digital economy by 2025.
- We’re providing 25 million women entrepreneurs with solutions to grow their businesses.
- Path to Priceless gives entrepreneurs learning modules, mentorship and resources to succeed.
- Start Path programming helps give underrepresented new fintech startups a path to scale.
- Mastercard Index of Women Entrepreneurs offers insights into the enablers and constraints of women’s progress as business owners.
Design a Better World
What we design now will define our future. That’s why we’ve partnered with organizations such as:
- The 30% Club to drive more women onto corporate boards and management committees.
- The Financial Alliance for Women to work with customers.
- Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and USAID.
- The Unstereotype Alliance at the United Nations to bring diverse perspectives to the table.
- Our market-leading Girls4Tech program inspires young girls to build STEM skills to become the leaders of tomorrow. Since its start in 2014, the program has reached 2 million girls in 50 countries.