No. 6 | Mastercard
“Any company or society that wants to succeed has to acknowledge that diversity is a powerful asset. If you have diversity in thought and perspective, diversity in skills and resources, and diversity in revenue streams and innovation, you will succeed, and you will continue to succeed over the long term. Diversity simply makes us all stronger.”
Randall TuckerSVP, Chief Inclusion Officer
“At Mastercard the ‘what‘ is just as important as the ‘how‘; it’s called our Decency Quotient. Part of decency is ensuring all of our employees and customers feel welcomed, valued and inspired. The Top 50 recognition is a reminder we are on the right path.”
- Mastercard demonstrated its dedication to supporting the LGBTQ+ community this year by announcing its True Name™ feature, which allows people who identify with a name different than what they were given at birth have their chosen name displayed on their cards.
- In March, the company launched its Path to Priceless initiative to support one million women entrepreneurs.
- Mastercard has also supported those relaunching their careers after taking career breaks through its “Relaunch Your Career” program, which has been in place since 2017. The program provides training and networking opportunities to people looking to reenter the workforce after a break.
In The News
- Mastercard: COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator Awards $20 Million in Initial Grants to Fund Clinical Trials
- BMO Harris Bank Announces Availability of True Name™ Feature for Mastercard Debit Cardholders
- Mastercard’s “Relaunch Your Career” Program Helps Professionals Re-Enter the Workforce After Career Breaks
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 5 Board of Directors
- No. 7 People with Disabilities
- LGBT Employees
From The Company
At Mastercard, inclusion and diversity are about more than bringing together people with different backgrounds. It’s an understanding that when we create meaningful connections, inspire acceptance and cultivate a culture where we all belong, we are a better team—one that makes smarter decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results. Everywhere we work, we seek to create meaningful connections, inspire acceptance and cultivate a community where we all belong, regardless of — and because of — our differences in age, gender, ethnicity, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
U.S. Headquarters: Purchase, NY
Global Employees: 19,000
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 8