- President and CEO Arne Sorenson and EVP and Global Chief Human Resources Officer David Rodriguez are as dedicated to their people as they are to their customers.
- The company's TakeCare Relief Fund makes need-based financial grants available to associates at managed Marriott International locations who are facing financial hardship immediately after a natural disaster or an unforeseen personal hardship.
- Marriott also empowers its front-line workers to make decisions on a daily basis that helps its customers and impacts the company's overall success. Its front-line workers have tremendous pride in their work and Marriott gives them the extraordinary dignity they deserve.
- Marriott employees in Austin, Texas took responsibility for responding to a distress call and saved Governor Tom Ridge's life. Governor Ridge is the chairman of NOD and has recovered from his heart attack, which was described by his doctors as one that only has a 15 percent survival rate. Marriott promoted 41 percent more Blacks and Latinos into their first management jobs than currently represented in management.
IN OUR NEWS
President and CEO
"Marriott International is a place where everyone is embraced and uniqueness is celebrated. We are inspired by the opportunity to serve others and to ensure that their journey is filled with the warmth of hospitality and the excitement of opportunity. This is our passion and part of our commitment to build a better tomorrow."
Executive Vice President and Global Chief Human Resources Officer
"Our founders created a business with simple, yet powerful principles: Put people first in every decision and open doors to opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our pledge to extend this wonderful legacy. It is how we will ensure that Marriott remains the place where everyone belongs."
U.S. Headquarters: Bethesda, Md.
Global Employees: 175,215
Last Year's DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking • No. 8
- No. 4 Mentoring
- No. 5 Diversity Councils
- No. 5 Executive Women
- No. 7 People with Disabilities
- No. 7 Recruitment
- No. 15 Supplier Diversity
- LGBT Employees