No. 35 | KeyBank
Chris GormanPresident and CEO
“In my new role as Chairman and CEO, I am focused on taking KeyBank’s strong legacy of diversity, equity, and inclusion to the next level by capitalizing our proud culture and robust programs to create even better outcomes for our diverse teammates and suppliers.We remain committed in 2020 to raise the bar for ourselves and our industry.”
Greg JonesChief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
“As KeyBank’s new Chief DE&I Officer, I share in the company’s longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. I look forward to working closely with Chris, the leadership team, and my teammates to increase representation, movement and development while ensuring equity and an inclusive environment for our colleagues, our clients and the communities we proudly serve.”
- KeyBank has worked to help mitigate the financial impact of COVID-19. In March, it announced a payment deferral plan for clients experiencing hardship. The KeyBank Foundation announced it would be donating $1 million to communities across the bank’s footprint.
- KeyBank has 12 business impact and networking groups that help employees connect with each other and their communities. Some of these groups include a Jewish Cultural group, Key Military Network and PRIDE.
- KeyBank is committed to supplier diversity. It has spent more than $1 billion with diverse suppliers since 2001.
In The News
- U.S. Bank, KeyBank, TD Bank and Wells Fargo Announce Efforts to Mitigate Financial Impact of COVID-19
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 12 Veterans
- No. 10 People with Disabilities
- LGBT Employees
- No. 23 Executive Diversity Councils
- No. 24 Philanthropy
- No. 12 Sponsorship
From The Company
Valuing diversity and fostering inclusion are core to Key’s culture and success, and a point of pride for Key employees who protect, evolve and cultivate our long and strong legacy. KeyBank is focused on three major pillars of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I): workplace, workforce, and marketplace. Recent milestones include introducing KeyBank’s 12th employee resource group, launching an industry-leading program to employ individuals with disabilities, and meeting with congressional leaders to support DE&I initiatives in the financial services industry. Recognition for KeyBank’s longstanding commitment includes a decade of being named to DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity, a 12-time winner of Human Rights Campaign’s Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, a six-time winner of Points of Light’s Civic 50,a three-time winner of National Organization on Disabilities’ Leading Disability Employer seal, and being named a Best of the Decade company by MBN USA magazine for engagement and commitment to minority-owned businesses. In 2020, KeyBank also was named to Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index.KeyBank recently named Greg Jones as Chief DE&I Officer. In this role, Greg is accountable for leading the strategy and tactics to improve the acquisition, movement, development, engagement and retention of diverse talent and suppliers.
U.S. Employees: 17,000
Headquarters: Cleveland, OH