Hall of Fame | Kaiser Permanente
Dr. Ronald CopelandSenior Vice President of National Diversity & Inclusion Strategy & Policy and Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
“At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion, and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and are part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a better partner in the communities we serve, and a better place to work.”
- Kaiser Permanente prioritizes community health. It announced several major initiatives to improve community health by creating stable housing for vulnerable population. One of these initiatives included partnering with Bay Area Community Services to end homelessness for more than 500 people over 50 years old with chronic conditions in Oakland, California.
- Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to advancing women in leadership. In 2019, it promoted 26 women to vice president or higher positions. A total of 78 were placed in executive roles.
- Kaiser Permanente provides opportunities to veterans. Its Military Officer Transition Program (MOTP) helps with onboarding veterans. The program is now in its sixth year, and 27 veterans have transitioned from the programs into leadership roles.
In The News
- Kaiser Permanente Addresses COVID-19’s Effects on Mental Health, Offers Free myStrength Mental Health App
- Companies Work to Identify and Disarm Implicit Bias
- How Company Leadership Can Support Diverse Employees with Depression
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 3 Board of Directors
- No. 14 Supplier Diversity
- No. 8 Executive Diversity COuncils
From The Company
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of healthcare. We are recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, Kaiser Permanente has a mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We currently serve 12.2 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal Permanente Medical Group physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the-art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health. For more information, go to kp.org/share.
U.S. Headquarters: Oakland, CA
U.S. Employees: 218,142
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: Hall of Fame