Hall of Fame | Johnson & Johnson
Alex GorskyChairman and CEO
“For more than 134 years, a convergence of different cultures, backgrounds and ways of thinking has enabled Johnson & Johnson to deliver transformative healthcare solutions that drive successful business outcomes. We build on our longstanding mission to create a healthier world as well as a more inclusive and equitable one, and our commitment to DEI is a clear expression of that.”
Wanda Bryant HopeChief DEI Officer
“Society is demanding more from us as organizations, including greater transparency and accountability to accelerate DEI outcomes. We have a responsibility to meet this moment and drive change within our organizations and for society as a whole.”
From The Company
At Johnson & Johnson, we treat Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) as we would any other business opportunity or challenge. We started by building a strategic plan, and then we completed an extensive situation assessment. This helped us to understand key insights internally and externally.
Those insights led to the development of our evidence-based enterprise strategy, which helps us to prioritize and disproportionately invest in the initiatives that drive differentiated outcomes.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three main areas:
- Enhancing our culture of inclusion.
- Building a diverse and equitable workforce of the future.
- Better connecting DEI to our businesses to drive innovation and growth.
We have identified five critical success factors to help drive DEI outcomes at our company, which include
- Having the right tone at the top. Our CEO and senior leaders demonstrate their commitment and drive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as an organizational priority.
- Embedding our evidence-based strategy into systems and processes to drive equity.
- Implementing a strong communication and change management plan to engage all employees across our organization.
- Measuring what we do to drive accountability.
- And, lastly, focusing on DEI long-term outcomes, not short-term activities and programs.
In 2020, Johnson & Johnson committed $100 million over the next five years to close the health disparity gap by deploying our resources and expertise to provide equitable healthcare solutions for communities of color, and forging partnerships and alliances that address racial and social health determinants.
U.S. Headquarters: New Brunswick, NJ
Global Employees: 136,400
2021 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: Hall of Fame
Official Company Socials
Facebook: Johnson & Johnson
LinkedIn: Johnson & Johnson
YouTube: JNJ Careers
Other DiversityInc Lists
No. 14, Top Companies for Latino Executives
No. 15, Top Companies for LGBTQ Employees
No. 16, Top Companies for Native American/Pacific Islander Executives
No. 18, Top Companies for Sponsorship
No. 20, Top Companies for People with Disabilities (PwD)