No. 42 | Humana
- CEO Bruce Broussard is personally invested in inclusion and diversity management at the company. He chairs the executive diversity council and sets the agenda.
- Broussard’s CEO Advisory Council is a 12-18 month rotational program that gives individuals exposure to all things he focuses on. Broussard meets with several people for 60-90 minutes per month and looks for them to share their innovative ideas and participate in strategy work, putting together Board materials, inclusion and diversity and culture.
- In 2018, the Health Equity Fund was created as the first giving collaborative of its kind. Through Human’s contributions to this fund administered by Louisville Metro’s Center for Health Equity, funds are disbursed using a six-step racial equity process and community members all throughout the city choose the funding priorities.
IN THE NEWS
- The Black Health Care Coalition and Humana Announce “More Healthy Days” Barbershop and Beauty Parlor Tour to Combat Minority Health Disparities in Kansas City
- Humana’s David Best Shares an Enterprise-Wide Perspective on Veteran Recruitment
- Humana: Close to 17,000 Meals Donated During “March Out Hunger” Food Drive
FROM THE COMPANY
At Humana, we see diversity as the reality of the world we live in, and inclusion is what we hope to achieve with it. Inclusion is an attitude and a mindset that enables us to create a meaningful work environment where our employees feel welcome and safe to be their true selves, no matter their background or culture.
Diversity is all around us, and it’s also a business imperative. It is the abundance of experiences and perceptions — the unique characteristics, backgrounds, and beliefs of our employees — that drive the innovative and strategic thinking which gives Humana our competitive edge in a diverse marketplace. Humana is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health.
Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions -combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
President and CEO
Senior Vice President and Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer
U.S. Headquarters: Louisville, Ky.
Global Employees: 41,600
Last Year’s DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking • No. 48
OTHER DIVERSITYINC LISTS
- No. 7 Philanthropy
- No. 15 Veterans
- No. 22 Executive Diversity Council