Originally Published by Humana.
Aledade, Inc. and leading health and well-being company Humana Inc. announced a value-based care agreement to broaden the availability of coordinated, quality care for Humana Medicare Advantage members in three states.
Through this agreement, physicians in Aledade’s Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia who currently participate in Humana’s Medicare Advantage network are able to utilize tools and resources from both organizations to help deliver value-based care to Humana Medicare Advantage members.
“We’re delighted to be able to deliver value-based care to an expanded patient population through this agreement with Humana,” said Dr. Farzad Mostashari, co-founder and CEO of Aledade. “Humana shares our dedication to improving patient health and lowering health care costs by empowering independent physicians to thrive in value-based care arrangements.”
Aledade partners with independent primary care practices to build and lead ACOs that participate in a variety of value-based care arrangements. These ACOs focus on delivering preventive care, reducing unnecessary or repetitive care, and better coordinating patient care. Aledade supports physicians with a comprehensive range of capabilities that include cutting-edge data analytics; user-friendly care management; patient outreach tools and regulatory expertise; and local, hands-on support.
“Humana is pleased to expand the availability of value-based care in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia,” said Oraida Roman, Vice President of Humana’s Value-Based Strategies Organization. “This agreement reflects a strong, mutual belief by Aledade and Humana that value-based care is key to enhancing both the patient experience and patient outcomes.”
The agreement with Aledade is part of Humana’s longstanding commitment to value-based care, which emphasizes:
- More personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
- Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
- Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications;
- Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient; and
- Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than based solely on the quantity of services they provide (fee-for-service).
Humana has an extensive and growing value-based care presence. As of Dec. 31, 2018, Humana has more than two million individual Medicare Advantage members and approximately 115,000 commercial members who are cared for by more than 53,000 primary care physicians in more than 1,000 value-based relationships across 43 states and Puerto Rico. Humana’s total Medicare Advantage membership is approximately 3.6 million members, which includes members affiliated with providers in value-based and standard Medicare Advantage settings. For more information, visit humana.com/provider/support/vbc.