No. 25 | Humana
Bruce BroussardPresident and CEO
“Creating an environment of Inclusion and Diversity is a priority for us at Humana. By fostering an environment of inclusion, our associates are able to bring their whole selves to work — and do their best work. This, in turn, allows us to drive innovation in the services we provide and create simple and personalized experiences for our customers.”
Maria HughesSVP and Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer
“We are proud of nurturing a culture where all employees feel like they belong. Humana’s commitment to inclusion translates directly to healthier members and healthier communities. By leveraging our employees’ insights, we can create personalized experiences that make it easier for people to achieve their best health.”
- Humana has a focus on accelerating progress by building capacity for female leadership, leveraging partnerships to expand emphasis on Black and Hispanic/Latinx leadership and strengthening inclusive leadership and accountability. The company is also working on drawing from diverse talent pools to build diversity in leadership.
- Humana works to support communities through volunteerism. Associates have worked to combat hunger in the military and veteran communities, provide care packages to the homeless and honor Martin Luther King’s legacy with close to 200 hours of volunteering.
- Humana has accelerated its commitment to the CEO Action Pledge by offering associates a “Check Your Blind Spots” mobile tour in May 2019, offering an educational seminar on the unequal housing market and launched a “Conscious Inclusion” initiative to help associates identify and combat biases.
In The News
- Humana Launches Innovative Value-Based Program to Address Social Determinants of Health
- Humana Foundation Donates $500,000 in Support of Coronavirus Pandemic Relief and Recovery Efforts
- Humana Announces Health Care Provider Initiative to Help Ease Financial and Administrative Stress During Coronavirus Pandemic
Other DiversityInc Lists
- LGBT Employees
- No. 9 People with Disabilities
- No. 13 ERGs
From The Company
At Humana, we see diversity as the reality of the world we live in, and inclusion is what we hope to achieve with it. Inclusion is an attitude and a mindset that enables us to create a meaningful work environment where our employees feel welcome and safe to be their true selves, no matter their background or culture may be. Diversity is all around us, and it’s also a business imperative. It is the abundance of experiences and perceptions — the unique characteristics, backgrounds, and beliefs of our employees — that drive the innovative and strategic thinking which gives Humana our competitive edge in a diverse marketplace. Humana is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel and communities at large. To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools — such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions — combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
U.S. Headquarters: Louisville, KT
U.S. Employees: 43,400
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 42