2021 Noteworthy Company | Honda
Rick SchostekExecutive Vice President, Regional Operations
“Honda is working hard to achieve the inclusion and equity that will make us stronger as a nation and as a company. We are committed to inclusion because we know how important it is in driving innovation and in sustaining us into the future.”
Yvette HunsickerVice President, Corporate Social Responsibility and the Office of Inclusion and Diversity
“Our vision of inclusion and diversity is that Honda’s workforce reflects society at every level by the year 2030. We are committed to developing programs, and our people, to help us reach this goal. This is an extension of our company philosophy of being a company society wants to exist.”
From The Company
Last summer, Honda formed a Social Justice Task Force. Our mission was to mobilize a diverse group of associates from across the company to act with urgency on the commitments made by executives in a June 4 statement, in the wake of the social justice movement.
To date, the task force has achieved the following results:
- Implemented a leadership check-in conversation guide and a manager resource guide to help facilitate honest conversations with associates about race
- Provided anti-racism and allyship training to our leaders and associates to promote social justice and inclusion across Honda’s North American operations
- Developed a Social Justice Resource Guide and dedicated Intranet page for Honda associates
- Standardized the observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a company holiday for all U.S. locations
- Developed a social justice communication strategy for internal & external audiences
In addition, in 2020, Honda redirected funds earmarked for the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge (canceled due to COVID-19) to 49 HBCU communities hit hard by the pandemic.
Lastly, Honda held a highly successful fundraiser for the Thurgood Marshall College Fund through online fundraising platform Omaze.
U.S. Headquarters: Torrance, CA (sales and marketing); Marysville, OH (development and manufacturing)
U.S. Employees: 30,000+
2020 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: Noteworthy
Official Company Socials