No. 4 | Hilton
- President and CEO Chris Nassetta chairs the Hilton Executive Inclusion Council (EIC). The EIC is comprised of the company’s most senior leaders and provides oversight of its diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Hilton leaders are held accountable through Organizational Objectives that measure their performance against the company’s diversity goals. The company monitors feedback directly provided by team members on leaders’ diversity focus.
- Hilton’s Team Member Resource Groups (TMRGs) are all sponsored by an Executive Committee member as well as a Hilton Leadership Group (HLG, VP+) advocate.
- The success of the TMRGs are reflected in the substantial growth in membership and in the number of chapters. Total membership has increased by 492 percent since 2012 with the addition of hotel participants at owned and managed properties. The number of chapters has jumped from 20 to 39 with 8,000 total members.
FROM THE COMPANY
Diversity is at the core of Hilton’s Vision, Mission, and Values. We are committed to an inclusive workforce that fully represents many different cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Our global brands provide meeting places for people from all walks of life to connect, creating a welcoming environment for all.
Understanding our Team Members’ unique perspectives, along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners, is essential to driving our competitive performance. Our company will always strive to reflect the global communities where we live and work.
Our global strategy is to leverage and promote diversity and inclusion through a framework of Culture, Talent and Marketplace programs and initiatives to foster innovation and create a globally competitive business. We are proud of our long history and comprehensive efforts to support all communities and to ensure every Team Member and guest feels cared for, valued and respected.
Christopher J. Nassetta
President and Chief Executive Officer
Jon G. Muñoz
Vice President, Global Diversity and Inclusion
U.S. Headquarters: McLean, Va.
Global Employees: 400,000
Last Year’s DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking • No. 10
OTHER DIVERSITYINC LISTS
- No. 3 Mentoring
- No. 4 Employee Resource Groups
- No. 4 Sponsorship
- No. 4 Talent Acquisition for Women of Color
- No. 8 Executive Diversity Council
- No. 8 People with Disabilities
- No. 11 Supplier Diversity
- LGBT Employees