Originally posted on Hilton.com
After months of quarantine, people around the world are nodding their heads to four powerful words: We need a vacation.
Launching just in time to re-inspire travel, today, July 10, the Netflix series “Down to Earth with Zac Efron” premieres globally. The show chronicles Zac and his friend Darrin traveling the world in pursuit of unique experiences tied to food, wellness and sustainability – with Hilton as the Official Hotel Sponsor. Throughout their journeys, they visit five different Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties across five countries in some of the most sought-after destinations.
For inspiration sorted by episode and location and a formal “Down to Earth with Zac Efron” travel guide, check out the following slideshow and information below:
- Stay at the iconic Caribe Hilton, birthplace of the piña colada. Located on a private 17-acre peninsula with a secluded beach near Old San Juan, the hotel reopened in 2019 after a comprehensive restoration following Hurricane Maria.
- Volunteer with Conservación ConCiencia to help with the island’s restoration efforts that continue years after Hurricane Maria.
- Enjoy fresh local seafood at Cocina Abierta.
- Explore the historic landmarks, shops and culture of Old San Juan.
- Stay at Hilton Reykjavik, located just a quick walk from downtown, for the perfect home base while exploring the city.
- Spend a day at the Hilton Reykjavik Nordica Spa. Try the spa’s unique Ice and Fire Therapy treatment and the “Viking Challenge” – an ice bath followed by a dip in the hotel’s outdoor hot tub.
- Relax in the iconic Blue Lagoon, a natural spa made from the volcanic earth.
- Taste-test traditional Icelandic dishes made with locally sourced ingredients at Dill Restaurant, followed by a sampling of unique chocolate creations at Omnom.
- Take a day trip to the breathtaking Gullfoss Waterfall, one of more than 10,000 waterfalls in Iceland.
- Stay at New York Hilton Midtown, the iconic Manhattan hotel that has served as the home-away-from-home for dignitaries and U.S. presidents for decades.
- Guests can truly “Bee Like Zac” and book a private beekeeping experience with New York Hilton Midtown’s beekeeper. Available seasonally, guests can tend to the hotel’s rooftop beehives and learn how these beehives conserve the New York City honeybee population.
- Once the beekeeping suit comes off, guests can enjoy a meal, dessert and cocktail at the hotel’s Bridges Bar with honey from the hive. Plus, feel good knowing that any excess edible food will be donated to New Yorkers in need as part of Hilton’s food donation initiative.
- Stay at Hilton London Bankside, which is located near some of London’s most iconic destinations including Tate Modern, Borough Market and The Shard. The hotel is also home to the first-of-its-kind all Vegan Suite and The Distillery, an on-site bar with over 50 hand-picked gins from around the world.
- Hop on one of the hotel’s complimentary bamboo bicycles for an eco-friendly way to explore the city. Each bike was handmade by a Hilton team member using sustainable bamboo.
- Head to Deliciously Ella café for a coffee or plant-based snack. Later, enjoy a farm-to-table dining experience at Aulis.
- Ride on the London Eye for a 360-degree view of the city and experience the world’s longest tunnel slide at ArcelorMittal Orbit.
- Volunteer to clean up the garbage and debris that collects along the Thames River to help protect wildlife and waterways.
- Stay at Hilton Lima Miraflores to experience traditional 18th century Peruvian architecture and modern amenities near shopping, theaters, museums and dining on one of the most famous gastronomic boulevards in Latin America.
- Take in 360-degree views of the city from the hotel’s rooftop, and, in the evenings, enjoy a breathtaking sunset.
- Indulge in locally sourced meals at Central, one of the world’s best restaurants, with semi-pro skateboarder-turned-Michelin chef, Virgilio Martínez Véliz.
- Give sandboarding a try during a trip to Huacachina, one of Peru’s hot spots for sand dunes.