Dow was named 2021 Manufacturer of the Year, Large Enterprise, by the Manufacturing Leadership Council (MLC), a division of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM). The Manufacturer of the Year Award is given to the company that shows best-in-class achievement. This is the third time Dow has won this prestigious award in recent years, (2015 and 2017). The 2021 Manufacturer of the Year Award was presented at the virtual Manufacturing Leadership Awards Gala on May 19, 2021, with several companies participating representing a wide range of industries including automotive, chemical, consumer goods, financial services, and telecommunications.
“We are extremely honored to receive this recognition, especially given the difficult challenges we had to overcome this past year,” said John Sampson, Dow’s senior vice president of Operations. “It takes an entire team and this award validates the flexibility, adaptability and resiliency of our employees and their continued focus on meeting the needs of all our stakeholders.”
The MLC developed the Manufacturing Leadership Awards to honor manufacturing companies and leaders that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Originated in 2005, the Manufacturing Leadership Awards have honored hundreds of innovative manufacturing companies from around the world.
In addition to the 2021 Manufacturer of the Year Award, Dow previously announced that it had been recognized with five additional Manufacturing Leadership Awards by the MLC. The awards are given to individuals and projects that have excelled in the advancement of manufacturing capabilities. Recipients are chosen by a panel of expert judges for results that have delivered outstanding examples of technology-driven leadership combined with a commitment to innovation and improvement.
The Manufacturing Leadership Council has recognized Dow for three significant project awards.
- Dow’s Manufacturing 4.0 has received the Enterprise Integration and Technology Award. In addition, Dow also received recognition as the High Achiever for the Enterprise Integration and Technology Leadership category.
- The E2E Business Planning Program was awarded the Supply Chain Award.
- Accelerating Innovation in Instrumentation & Sensors at Dow Texas Operations received the Industrial Internet of Things Award.
Two members of Dow’s team were also recognized with individual awards.
- Billy B. Bardin, global digitalization director, was selected for the Visionary Digital Leader award. Recipients of this award are among manufacturing’s most forward-thinking leaders.
- Katherine Duggan, senior process automation engineer, was selected as a Rising Digital Star. Recipients of this award are among manufacturing’s brightest future stars and are leading the way for the possibilities of tomorrow.
Dow was also recognized for its “COVID-19 Operational and Community Response” as part of the Creators Respond Honor Roll, which recognizes all projects from this year’s awards that were in direct response to the pandemic.
About the Manufacturing Leadership Awards
The Manufacturing Leadership Awards honor manufacturing companies and individual manufacturing leaders that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Winning projects and individual manufacturing leaders have demonstrated achievement in one of a wide range of categories and are chosen by a panel of expert judges for results that have delivered clear and compelling value, return on investment and other tangible outcomes. There will be several winners in each category, including one High Achiever’s Award in each project category, as well as a 2021 Manufacturer of the Year for both small and large enterprises. Also unveiled at the gala will be the ML Awards Manufacturing Leader of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award winners.
For more information on the Manufacturing Leadership Awards, please go to https://mlawards.manufacturingleadershipcouncil.com/.