Provided by Karen S. Carter, Dow’s Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Inclusion Officer. Dow ranked No. 19 on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list in 2021.
In June 2021, Dow released its Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, entitled “Intersections”. This is Dow’s first consolidated ESG report, highlighting the company’s significant progress in climate protection, a circular economy, inclusion and diversity, community outreach and governance practices.
2020 was a year unlike any other, but Dow maintained its focus on inclusion and diversity to help us navigate the challenges – the global COVID-19 pandemic, a 500-year flood in the company headquarters location of Midland, MI, a long-overdue national reckoning on race and multiple severe weather events impacting Dow’s Gulf Coast Operations. At the same time, we continued to take intentional actions and deliver sustainable progress.
Key highlights from the new, interactive report include:
- Continued efforts to improve the diversity of Dow’s workforce through early career recruiting; and hosted its signature Diamond and BEST Symposium for the first time in a virtual environment.
- Implemented a new inclusive hiring standard to drive equal access and opportunity for all.
- Launched Dow ACTs, a holistic framework to address systematic racism and social inequality both inside the company and within its communities, with a total committed investment to date of $10 million over the next five years.
- Expanded accountability for inclusion and diversity by including metrics in Dow’s annual Performance Award for its top 300 leaders.
- Increased participation in the Dow’s 10 Employee Resource Groups, which were a driving force in creating virtual spaces to connect Team Dow and advance a culture of inclusion during the pandemic.
- $112MM spend with diverse suppliers; 52 new vendors and retained 83% of diverse suppliers
- Refreshed Dow’s inclusion strategy with the launch of All IN 2025, charting a path to build on its foundation and accelerate progress.
Dow’s leading ESG agenda is embedded in everything the company does to deliver a sustainable and more inclusive future for the world through its materials science expertise and collaboration with its partners. To view the full report, click here.