No. 22 | Dow
“On behalf of Dow employees who are championing diversity and inclusion around the world, we are extremely honored to have been ranked in the DiversityInc Top 50. This external benchmark is critical to measuring our progress among the best and defining our focus for the future.”
Karen S. CarterChief Human Resources Officer and Chief Inclusion Officer
“Earning a spot on DiversityInc Top 50 list affirms that we are making real progress in inclusion and diversity, and also highlights where there is more work to do. This is not only important for Team Dow, but for our customers, suppliers, communities and other stakeholders who are critical to the journey.”
- Dow is jumping in the fight against the pandemic. The company developed a simplified face shield design and is sharing its design through an open-source file to help accelerate production rates of this critically-needed personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Dow is demonstrating its commitment to corporate responsibility. The Dow Company Foundation is donating $500,000 to community foundations and economic development corporations in Midland, Bay, Isabella and Saginaw counties in Michigan.
- In March, Dow announced it would commit $3 million to help fund COVID-19 relief organizations, including non-profits. It also started the process of producing hand sanitizer in Germany and the U.S.
In The News
- Dow Develops Simplified, Lightweight Design for Face Shields to Help Protect Healthcare Professionals, Shares Open-Source Design to Encourage Additional Production
- Dow Commits $3 million to Aid COVID-19 Relief Efforts and Adjusts Manufacturing Processes to Produce Hand Sanitizer
- A Reimagined Legacy: The New Olympic Stadium for Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Infused with History, Innovation and Dow Solutions
Other DiversityInc Lists
- No. 2 ERGs
- No. 3 People with Disabilities
- LGBT Employees
- No. 3 Supplier Diversity
- No. 15 Executive Diversity Councils
- No. 12 Philanthropy
From The Company
Dow has continued to accelerate actions and strengthen inclusion and diversity (I&D) across the organization. The company’s ambition is to be the most innovative, customer-centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. In 2019, Dow realized a 40% increase in global ERG participation; 9 out of 10 leaders are now engaged in at least one employee resource group (ERG).
Dow launched the “ALL IN” ERG Fund — an equal opportunity pool of competitive grant dollars for ERGs to engage with their communities and advance inclusion. In its inaugural year, $2 million in funding requests were submitted. Additionally, the company increased spend with diverse suppliers by 50% and expanded the program internationally to 10 countries. In 2019, signature I&D events continued to drive culture change at Dow.
EMERGE, Dow’s all-ERG conference further activated ERGs as culture change agents and accelerated alignment to business imperatives. More than 500 Dow employees from 34 countries representing all job levels attended the second EMERGE conference in 2019.
SOAR, Dow’s inclusion summit engaged more than 200 customers, suppliers and community leaders at the LPGA Tour’s Dow Great Lakes Bay Invitational. Dow’s Advocacy in Action (AiA) Sponsorship Program launched for the development and advancement of African American talent.
U.S. Headquarters: Midland, MI
Global Employees: 36,500 global employees
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 37