This is the first year where we did not rank companies on this list. We simply did not have enough in-depth questions that would meaningfully and precisely differentiate companies for the detailed ranking.
In compiling this list, we look at best practices that create an inclusive workplace for LGBT employees, as well as relationships with LGBT communities outside of the company. In order to qualify for this list, companies should have the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index (CEI) 2017 rating of 100%. Best practices examined for this list include:
- Having active LGBT employee resource groups
- Percentage of philanthropic endeavors aimed at LGBT nonprofits
- Whether the company attempts to track the number of LGBT employees, including voluntary disclosure
- Whether the company certifies LGBT vendors with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Percentage of procurement spent with certified LGBT vendors