Companies in the United States, as well as globally, are increasingly recognizing the value of hiring and promoting people with disabilities. To be eligible for this list, companies must complete the National Organization on Disability’s Disability Employment Tracker. Several factors are used to determine which companies utilize best practices for the best results in this area, including:
- The company’s website is inviting to job applicants, vendors and customers/clients with disabilities.
- The recruitment process is inclusive of people with disabilities including online applications.
- The company has a reasonable accommodations or job-aids process
- The company tracks the number of people with disabilities in the workforce, management, and new hires, including voluntary disclosure.
- The role of an employee resource group for people with disabilities in creating an inclusive workplace.
- Certain benefits are available and utilized, including telecommuting and alternative career tracks.
- Percentage of procurement spent with vendors owned by people with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.