This list is based on effective best practices for councils that correlate to strong D&I management results.
The best practices that result in successful and sustainable councils include:
- Leader of the council is the CEO
- Council meets frequently – usually monthly or quarterly
- High percentage of council participates in formal mentoring programs
- Council sets and signs off on metrics and goals.
- Council has rotational positions for leaders of employee resource groups.
- Council members serve as formal mentors.