2021 TOP 50 COMPANIES FOR DIVERSITY LIST
This list is comprised of companies whose data indicates they have the potential to make the DiversityInc Top 50 list. Noteworthy companies are judged by the same criteria as used in the Top 50 competition, including their responses in the following areas:
- Human Capital Diversity Metrics: Gender and racial/ethnic representation of the overall workforce and management, as well as representation in new hires, promotions, turnover and the 10% highest-paid employees
- Leadership Accountability: CEO/senior leadership commitment and accountability, diversity and inclusion management, as well as representation metrics and practices of the board of directors and diversity councils
- Talent Programs: Participation metrics and practices for formal mentoring, formal sponsorship, employee resource groups and high potential programs
- Workplace Practices: Practices and metrics related to talent acquisition, talent management, onboarding, diversity training, workforce development and engagement, LGBTQ inclusion, people with disabilities, military community, and employee benefits
- Supplier Diversity: Procurement spend with companies owned by people from under-represented groups, as well as leadership accountability and management practices
- Philanthropy: Contributions to and engagement with non-profit organizations focused on people from underrepresented groups
2021 SPECIALTY LISTS
These lists are based on a metrics-driven evaluation that abandons a preconceived set number of companies on a list.
They are evaluated on group performance, and the cutoff takes place where there is a significant difference between the top companies and the next runner up.
As a result, there may be fewer than or more than 10 companies on a list.
- Top Companies for Asian American Executives
- Top Companies for Black Executives
- Top Companies for Board of Directors
- Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups
- Top Companies for Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Top Companies for Executive Diversity Councils
- Top Companies for Latino Executives
- Top Companies for LGBTQ Employees
- Top Companies for Mentoring
- Top Companies for Native American/
Pacific Islander (NAPI)