Matthew Perry is Head of Global Talent Acquisition at Novartis Oncology and Novartis Pharmaceuticals.
Matthew is an experienced human resources professional with more than 20 years of global experience designing and executing talent acquisition strategies.
He has demonstrated abilities in stakeholder and change management, team building and problem solving, with additional capabilities in the areas of talent management and employee engagement.
Matthewis also leading the company’s efforts to migrate the US Talent Acquisition function to a shared services environment. Matthew has worked at Novartis for 13 years in US and Global roles of increasing responsibility. During his tenure with the company, Matthew has:
- Led the Talent Acquisition team responsible for doubling the size of the Oncology business (from 5,500 to 10,000 associates).
- Increased Novartis’ use of social media and developed online employee branding content.
- Designed and executed robust onboarding tools for new Oncology associates, which contributed to a decrease in first-year turnover.
- Implemented a workforce planning framework that led to improved allocation of staffing resources and reduced time to hire,
- Designed and implemented three programs focused on increasing employee engagement (extended leave, philanthropic and global entry).
- Lead, managed and participated in key recruiting projects focused on competitive intelligence, assessment tools and MBA recruiting.
Prior to Novartis, Matthew led talent acquisition teams at Price Waterhouse Coopers, Korn Ferry International and the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Matthew has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Combined Studies from the University of Worcester, based in Worcester, England.