Workplace diversity should include flexible work options—and for good reason. Research has shown that by helping employees manage their time for work and life goals, employers gain a more productive, satisfied and loyal workforce. But what are the critical best practices you need to run a successful work/life program?
In DiversityInc's work/life diversity web seminar, Senior Vice President and Executive Editor Barbara Frankel moderates a panel of executives who discuss how top-performing companies are using work/life strategies to improve business, improve workplace diversity, and attain their diversity and inclusion goals.
The panel consists of Barbara Adachi, national managing principal, women's initiatives, Deloitte (No. 8 in the 2012 DiversityInc Top 50); Shaun Hawkins, chief diversity officer, Eli Lilly (No. 29); and Charlotte Hawthorne, consultant, work life and diversity, Eli Lilly.
Those who watch this 90-minute diversity web seminar on work/life (also available as a downloadable PDF) will learn the following about workplace diversity:
- The data correlation between work/life programs and retention and promotion rates
- How Deloitte utilizes a corporate lattice, rather than a corporate ladder, to increase overall engagement to 90 percent and a potential 150 percent growth in revenue
- How employers can begin to tailor flexibility for employees and adapt for enhanced workplace diversity
- What Eli Lilly does to reap the greatest benefits and address work/life abuse and inconsistency
- How to evolve your corporate culture to have a more "flexible" mindset
For more on work/life best practices and workplace diversity, read Successful Career Paths for Women in Corporate Sales and PwC's Maria Castañón Moats Tells Her Story of Career Redemption.