The healthcare industry is constantly evolving, and I am excited to work alongside the entire Walgreens Boots Alliance team as we deliver further innovation and positively impact the lives of millions of people around the world every day. This is especially true today as the company plays a crucial role in combatting the COVID-19 pandemic. I step into this role with great optimism for the future of WBA, a shared responsibility to serve our customers, patients and communities, and a commitment to drive long-term sustainable value for shareholders.
From The Company
Founded over a century ago in 1901, Walgreens has a rich and colorful history of continuous improvement and innovation. From inventing the world’s first chocolate malted milkshake to the creation of one of the most popular and sophisticated mobile applications in retail shopping today, Walgreens has transformed itself into a leader within the retail and drug industry.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy.
Walgreens has a proud legacy of valuing diversity and fostering inclusion more than 100 years strong, and we’re still living that commitment. We intend to be recognized as a “Next Practices” company for diversity and inclusion — one whose cultures, people, perspectives and workplaces reflect the current and future customers we serve while delivering superior business performance.
We’re proud to share some of the ways we’ve recently been recognized for our commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture and workplace, including:
- 100% HRC Corporate Equality Index
- 100 percent on the 2020 Disability Equality Index (DEI)
- 2020 Leading Disability Employer, National Organization on Disability
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier of Diversity Programs for African Americans, Black Equal Opportunity Employment Journal
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier of Diversity Programs for Hispanics/Latinos, Hispanic Network Magazine
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier of Diversity Programs for Women, Professional Woman’s Magazine
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier of Diversity Programs for Veterans, U.S. Veterans Magazine
Although there is still more work to be done, we have made significant progress in building an even better, more inclusive and customer-led Walgreens. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit the diversity and inclusion section of our company site.
Top 50 Ranking History
Other DiversityInc Lists
|Top Companies for Executive Diversity Councils||2022||3|