Diversity and Inclusion is a vital part of our business goals, from attracting the best talent in the marketplace to making sure we keep a pulse on the flavors and products consumers and clients want. For global companies like ours, it is essential to understand people and their cultural orientation in order to establish meaningful relationships and develop products that are enduring.
McCormick is committed to not just creating an inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued. We are equally committed to making a difference in the communities that we operate in globally, through our environmental and social responsibility efforts.
From The Company
McCormick & Company, a global leader in flavor, is a champion for equality and has diversity and inclusion at the core of its values and business priorities.
McCormick has made significant investment in developing the next generation of women and ethnically diverse talent through the development and implementation of two leadership programs called Global and U.S. Ignite.
Among some of our accomplishments:
- To date, 40% of Ignite graduates have been promoted or moved into roles with expanded responsibilities.
- McCormick has publicly committed to increasing representation of women and ethnically diverse talent in senior roles. Our goal is to increase female representation to 50% and Ethnically Diverse Talent to 30% in senior-level roles by 2025. Our goals have been published in our Purpose-Led Performance Report:
- In 2020, the company increased female representation on its board from 20% to 36%
- To empower women, McCormick analyzed company-wide pay equity and has committed to reviewing it regularly to ensure consistency across geographies.
- Our supplier diversity efforts continue to be a critical part of our company’s diversity and inclusion goals. By supporting the growth of minority, women, veteran, LGBTQ+ and disability-owned small businesses, we can help strengthen the local communities where we operate.