Comcast NBCUniversal ranked No. 7 on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list in 2022.
Comcast NBCUniversal honors Black changemakers to celebrate Black History Month, highlighting content and talent from their platform.
“Black innovation has and continues to forge a path forward in American society through creativity and imagination for a better tomorrow,” said the company. “These innovators, both past and present, share the common thread of thinking outside the box and pushing the bounds of norms, laws and expectations. This month and all year long, Comcast NBCUniversal is honoring Black changemakers by highlighting how innovators of the past have paved the road for culture shifters today and beyond.”
Comcast will feature the following collections, series and programs to celebrate Black History Month:
- “Evolution of Activism”: A collection of content exploring the evolution of activism throughout history, featuring Blackish, Harriet, Woke and more
- “Free This Week”: Xfinity customers will have free, week-long access to a selection of Black networks and streaming services
- Voices of the Civil Rights Movement: Historical moments and firsthand accounts from the civil rights movement
- Comcast Newsmakers: Spotlights changemakers that elevate Black communities, such as Maya Wiley of The Leadership Conference on Civil Rights and Marc Morial of the National Urban League
- “Discover Black Heritage” and “Who We Are”: Highlights Black employees at the company and events to drive cultural awareness
- Project UP: Helps advance digital equity and supports numerous organizations such as the Black Economic Alliance and The Hidden Genius Project
- Founding in Color: A series that spotlights Black and Latino startup founders
“The power of our platforms uniquely positions us to amplify the work of Black changemakers in various arenas. By highlighting Black business owners, sharing the stories of civil rights activists, investing in organizations that promote digital equity and economic mobility for Black youth and adults, and much more, we are helping to create a future of unlimited possibilities.”