No. 6 | Comcast NBCUniversal
Brian L. RobertsChairman and CEO
“It is an honor to be featured among the top companies for diversity. We will continue to support our employees and communities with a sharper focus on equality and justice and accelerating our work in digital equity to ensure that everyone has the ability to take part in an increasingly connected society.”
Dalila Wilson-ScottExecutive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
“This recognition reaffirms our longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. In so many ways, 2020 was a challenging year, one that pushed our society to its limits. And yet, it also provided us with an opportunity — really an obligation — to sharpen and deepen our commitment to building a stronger, more equitable, just and inclusive future.”
From The Company
At Comcast NBCUniversal, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
As a media and technology company, we also have a unique opportunity to leverage our resources to shed light on systemic issues and work toward lasting solutions.
This is a continuous journey for us and one that we’ve been able to build on quickly, given our strong foundation and progress over the last decade. This journey includes:
- Our Employees: Evolve our efforts in all areas of DE&I, including hiring, advancement and anti-bias and anti-racism training
- Digital Equity: Deepen our long-standing commitment to addressing digital inequities, including connectivity and digital skills training
- Media Awareness and Education: Amplify Black voices and Black stories, highlight diverse cultures, and shed light on inequality
- Small Businesses: Commit financial support, marketing services, technology upgrades, in-kind media and more to BIPOC-owned small businesses
- Social Justice: Partner with, and provide grants to, organizations working to eradicate injustice and inequality
Comcast will award 13,000 Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned small businesses, which includes Hispanic and Asian American owned businesses among others, across the country with monetary grants, technology makeovers and marketing services from Comcast RISE by 2022.
U.S. Headquarters: Philadelphia, PA
Global Employees: 168,000
2020 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 7
Official Company Socials
Other DiversityInc Lists
No. 16, Top Companies for People with Disabilities (PwD)
No. 5, Top Companies for Supplier Diversity
No. 22, Top Companies for LGBTQ
No. 22, Top Companies for Executive Diversity Councils
No. 1, Top Companies for Talent Acquisition for Women of Color
No. 9, Top Companies for Sponsorship
No. 6, Top Companies for Veterans
No. 13, Top Companies for Latino Executives
No. 6, Top Companies for Black Executives
No. 6, Top Companies for Native American/Pacific Islander (NAPI)
Among the Top Companies for Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)