- Comcast NBCUniversal moves up 12 spots into the Top 10. The company recognizes the importance of developing diverse leaders who help move it forward and has made meaningful progress since starting its formal Diversity & Inclusion program in 2011.
- Over the past six years, it has seen significant growth in the number of diverse leaders at every level.
- David Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer, ties the success of the company's diversity and inclusion effort to the company's ability to embed diversity within its businesses and the functional areas that are responsible for executing on business objectives, including diversity and inclusion.
- The company has 150 ERG chapters and more than 25,000 employees participating in them.
IN OUR NEWS
Brian L. Roberts
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
"We are honored to be recognized among the best companies for diversity in corporate America. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is deliberate and unwavering. D&I is embedded in every aspect of our business, and critical to our success as a leader in media and technology."
David L. Cohen
Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
"This recognition is a testament to our philosophy that Diversity & Inclusion is not a program or initiative, but an integral part of our core business strategy. Everyone across our enterprise is accountable for ensuring we operate with diversity and inclusion in mind – from our employees who develop our diverse content and inclusive products, to our suppliers and partners who support the diverse communities we serve."
COMPANY FACTSCMCSA (NASDAQ)
U.S. Headquarters: Philadelphia, Pa.
Global Employees: 130,864
Last Year's DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking • No. 19
OTHER DIVERSITYINC LISTS
- No. 2 Supplier Diversity
- No. 4 People with Disabilities
- No. 6 Veterans
- No. 10 Employee Resource Groups
- No. 12 Diversity Councils
- LGBT Employees