Originally Published by Comcast NBCUniversal.
“NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” is the most-watched evening news broadcast in the key news demo for the week of June 11, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The broadcast continues its strong performance in the key demo, averaging 1.6 million A25-54 viewers and beating “ABC World News Tonight” by +16,000 viewers (+1%) and “CBS Evening News” by +482,000 viewers (+44%). “Nightly News” has won the demo 4 out of the last 7 weeks and was the only broadcast to grow week-over-week in the key demo.
Last week, Lester traveled to Singapore to lead NBC News’ coverage of the historic meeting between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Holt anchored four NBC News Special Reports from the ground and anchored the broadcast from Singapore three nights in a row, including three live shows on Monday night as the summit unfolded. Additionally, Holt reported for Sunday TODAY, TODAY, and MSNBC.
This week, Holt anchored “Nightly News” live from Mission, Texas to cover the separation of migrant families at the border. Holt is the only network evening news anchor to travel to the region to report on the story.
For the week of June 11, “Nightly News” is the most-watched broadcast among A18-49 viewers averaging 1.1 million, topping ABC by +43,000 viewers (+4%) and CBS by +354,000 viewers (+48%) and was the only broadcast to grow week-over-week.
7.3 million total viewers tuned in to “Nightly News” for the week of June 11, besting “CBS Evening News” by 1.8 million total viewers (+32%). Additionally, “Nightly News” was the only broadcast to show week-over-week growth in total viewers.
“Nightly News” continues as the #1 most-watched evening newscast season-to-date in the key demo, delivering its largest demo lead over CBS in six seasons.
- “Nightly News” averaged 1.6 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming ABC by +16,000 viewers (+1%) and CBS by +482,000 (+44%).
- “Nightly News” averaged 1.1 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +43,000 (+4%) and CBS by +354,000 (+48%).
- “Nightly News” averaged 7.3 million total viewers, beating CBS by +1.8 million (+32%).
- Only broadcast to grow week-over-week across the board.
- “Nightly News” is the #1 evening newscast this season in A25-54 and A18-49
- “Nightly News” holds its largest A25-54 demo advantage over CBS in six seasons.