No. 42 | Cigna
David CordaniPresident and CEO
“Cigna’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in every area of our business, and firmly rooted in our values. I’m especially proud of Cigna’s ongoing efforts to foster a workplace that respects the diversity and inclusion of our coworkers’ unique cultures, beliefs and experiences, and protects their human rights.”
Susan StithVice President of Diversity, Inclusion, Civic Affairs and Executive Director of the Cigna Foundation
“Cigna is a place where everyone can thrive, professionally and personally. We are committed to embedding equitable practices that foster an inclusive culture and increasing diversity and representation at all levels, enabling employees to fulfill our mission for our customers, partners and the community.”
John MurabitoExecutive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
“A hallmark of our workplace culture is that we understand and value our uniqueness and behave more inclusively as a result. When employees are comfortable being themselves at work, it allows our company to achieve even better outcomes for customers, patients, clients and communities all around the world.”
- President and CEO David Cordani signed on to the pledge for CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion to join the business community in advancing D&I across all sectors of Cigna.
- Cigna has employee unconscious bias training, support and mentoring programs for diverse suppliers and celebrated over a decade of Cigna’s Health Equity Council.
- Cigna is working on establishing a diverse slates requirement when hiring, especially for openings in career senior manager roles and above in order to increase gender and racial diversity
In The News
- Cigna Launches Dental Virtual Care to Improve Access and Protect Customers in Response to COVID-19
- Cigna Takes Action to Support Social Connections for Seniors During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Cigna Helps Accelerate Research for a COVID-19 Treatment by Donating Medications
- Cigna and Express Scripts Partner with Buoy Health to Offer Digital COVID-19 Screening Tools
From The Company
Cigna is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing, and peace of mind of those we serve. We deliver choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. With more than 170 million customer relationships in more than 30 jurisdictions, we harness actionable insights to drive better health care results. Our stakeholders represent many different cultures, beliefs and experiences — including a global workforce of more than 70,000 employees dedicated to living our mission and values. And while diversity is the broad mix of people, inclusion is making the mix work. An inclusive environment enables us to see people’s potential, innovate and solve important business problems. Cigna takes great pride in recruiting and developing a diverse and talented workforce. Reflecting on our progress in 2019, we integrated our D&I efforts after merging with Express Scripts. We unified 11 employee-governed and executive-sponsored enterprise resource groups across our newly combined company. Partnering with Cigna’s Health Equity Council, we expanded transgender awareness training for customer-facing employees. And, we continued to act on the CEO Action for D&I pledge by hosting the Check Your Blind Spots mobile exhibit at our Bloomfield headquarters.
U.S. Headquarters: Bloomfield, CT.
Global Employees: 70,000+
2019 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 44