No. 36 | Centene Corporation
Michael NeidorffChairman, President and CEO
“Centene has long believed in the dignity of our members, and our employee base reflects the communities we serve. We equip our diverse, talented workforce with the knowledge and resources to shape a better world of healthcare and deliver on our mission of providing better health outcomes to populations in need.”
Erika McConduitVice President, Diversity and Inclusion
“Now more than ever, ensuring that each of our employees feels heard, respected and included is a critical mission. By participating in the DiversityInc survey, we seek to confirm that Centene’s Diversity and Inclusion efforts are best-in-class, helping our employees, providers and partners become agents of cultural change.”
From The Company
Centene is committed to driving innovation through Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). We embrace and respect the unique experiences each employee brings to work every day, and thoughtfully engage diverse talent across the company, hiring individuals who have a passion for serving our members and ambition for extraordinary impact, and preparing them for leadership roles.
Nearly 50% of employees identify as people of color, including 36% at the supervisor+ level. Women represent 75% of our employees and 64% of employees in supervisory positions.
Last year presented new opportunities to expand our D&I efforts throughout the enterprise. For example:
- We held more than 200 “Courageous Conversations,” which encouraged an honest and transparent dialogue about race.
- We launched enhanced “Unconscious Bias” training for people leaders and expanded our all-employee “Inclusive and Responsible Workplace” training.
- Our five Employee Inclusion Groups expanded their mentoring programs to ensure access to culturally competent and targeted development.
- We updated our workforce population data to reflect employees who choose to self-identify gender identity as LGBTQ+, as having a disability or as having served in the military.
- We offered new benefits, professional development and employee engagement programs to drive inclusion throughout our remote work environment.
Centene is committed to helping people live healthier lives. We provide accessible, high-quality, culturally sensitive services to more than 25 million members in all 50 states, to transform communities one individual at a time.