Originally posted on ATT.com
AT&T Latin America Ranked Among the Best 25 Multinational Workplaces in Latin America for the Third Consecutive Year
For first time, all company operations in the region were individually ranked as a Great Place to Work®
For the third consecutive year, the global authority on workplace culture Great Place to Work®, recognizes AT&T Latin America on the list of the 2020 Best Multinational Workplaces in Latin America. Ranked 17, AT&T Latin America, which includes AT&T Mexico and Vrio, is one of the leading wireless, digital entertainment companies included on the prestigious list.
The rankings are based on responses by AT&T Latin America employees who responded that they believe employees are treated fairly, regardless of race, sexual orientation and gender; they feel respected and leaders cultivate a sense of pride; and they believe that their work makes a difference, particularly as it relates to the organization’s community impact. This marks the first year that all of AT&T Latin America’s operations ranked including: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Colombia Telecenter, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and the Caribbean.
“Our employees demonstrate the power of what happens when we live our values of doing the right thing, standing for equality, pursuing excellence, and leading with integrity, among others. In doing so, our team has created a great workplace for all,” said Lori Lee, CEO-AT&T Latin America. “This recognition is particularly meaningful given the team’s response to the global pandemic over the last few months. Working together across the region, our employees have continued to support our customers and our communities in herculean ways while working hard to keep one another safe and thriving during this unprecedented time.”
“The COVID-19 pandemic is a challenge facing organizations across the globe, and it puts a premium on being a high trust people-first culture” said Michael C. Bush, Global CEO of Great Place to Work. “We honor the companies that earned places on our ranking of Latin America’s Best Workplaces because we hope this will inspire more companies to become a Great Place to Work For All.”
The publication comes amid the COVID-19 crisis, which has upended daily life and business operations throughout the region. The ranking of Latin America’s Best Workplaces is based on data collected prior to the novel coronavirus outbreak. But, according to Great Place to Work®, organizations on the list are leading the way amid the pandemic, demonstrating care for their employees, their customers and their communities during this difficult time.
At the outbreak of the pandemic, AT&T Latin America and its companies took swift and meaningful actions to support employees, and those working on the frontlines, while continuing to connect more than 30 million subscribers1 to information, entertainment and communications. AT&T Latin America focused on three areas: health, food insecurity and education. As food insecurity is an important issue as a result of COVID-19, AT&T Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America and SKY Brasil are donating 1.5 million plates of food to thousands of families through local organizations and food banks across Latin America.
To be considered for the 2020 Best Workplaces List in Latin America, companies must appear on one or more of our national lists in the region, which includes Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico and Uruguay.
In 2020 and 2019 AT&T Latin America and subsidiaries were also especially recognized by Great Place to Work ® for their consistent work culture, as shown below:
- DIRECTV Uruguay, ranked #1 Best Workplaces to Work for Women® Uruguay
- DIRECTV Ecuador, ranked by women as one of the best places to work in the +500 employees category
- TELECENTER PANAMERICANA, ranked #19 Best Workplaces to Work for Women® Colombia
- AT&T Latin America, one of the world’s best workplaces
- AT&T Latin America ranks # 20 best workplace among multinational companies in Latin America
- AT&T in Mexico, selected by Millennials at #2; #8 in the general ranking, the only telecommunications company; #7 for highest diversity and inclusion standards.
- DIRECTV Chile recognized as #3 best workplaces in the country
- DIRECTV Ecuador recognized as #4 best workplaces in the country and best workplace for women
- DIRECTV Argentina ranked #6 as best workplace and best workplace for women
- DIRECTV Peru, ranked as # 12 best workplace in the country:
- TELECENTER PANAMERICANA ranked as # 11 best workplaces in Colombia
- DIRECTV Colombia ranked as # 14 best workplace in the country
- SKY Brazil ranked as #78 best workplace in the country – large companies
- DIRECTV Caribe ranked as # 26 best workplace in the Caribbean
- DIRECTV Caribe ranked as # 24 Central America Multinational Best Workplaces®
- DIRECTV Uruguay ranked as # 2 best workplace in the country