No. 48 | American Family Insurance
“American Family has long partnered to support health, equity and economic prosperity in our communities. Likewise, across our organization, we’re firmly committed to an inclusive culture that allows team members to bring their whole selves to work. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished, and our work is not done.”
Yasir KamalVice President, Inclusive Excellence
“From our board of directors to our leadership team and throughout our workforce at all levels, we are a better company if our diversity reflects that of our customers and communities. Among our strategic goals is increasing our racial and ethnic diversity by actively recruiting, developing and retaining diverse talent.”
From The Company
American Family is committed to cultivating a diverse workforce that reflects our customer demographics, and to building an inclusive culture that brings people together and empowers them to unleash their capabilities to create life-changing solutions for our customers and communities.
Among our accomplishments, we:
- Launched the competency Lead People Inclusively to support our strategic goal of increasing diverse representation by 2024 through purposeful actions that attract, develop and retain high-performing, diverse talent
- Recognized employees for balancing work, family and other challenges during the pandemic with three “thank-you” days off and a stipend for work-at-home expenses
- Introduced an Inclusive Conversation Series and Anti-Racism Toolkit to engage employees in open, transparent discussions on issues of social justice and inequality
- Saw our Executive Diversity Council complete formal inclusion education and a nine-week “Black History for a New Day” course aimed at increasing awareness of African American history, uncovering bias and creating allies
- Added four new Business Resource Groups — for a total of nine — and aligned their strategy to focus on the key areas of Workforce, Workplace, Business Results and Social Impact
- Pledged $105 million over the next five years (2021–2025) to further our commitment to closing racial equity gaps and affecting positive change in communities
American Family’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is unwavering. Creating and fostering an inclusive culture is the right thing to do for our agency owners, employees, customers and communities — and it gives us a competitive edge in the marketplace.