No. 32 | AIG
Peter ZaffinoChairman and CEO
“At AIG, we are committed to maintaining a culture of inclusion and allyship so that our colleagues, communities and other stakeholders can reach their full potential. By listening to and learning from all our stakeholders, AIG has made great progress on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion journey — and we know there is more work to be done. We will continue to demonstrate our dedication to fostering a culture of belonging through our actions.”
From The Company
At AIG, we strive to listen and learn from each other’s unique and diverse perspectives and experiences in our everyday decision making. We stand firm in our commitment to serve as allies to one another, continue our DEI journey and take actions that lead to lasting, meaningful change. Some 2021 efforts include:
- Striving to be a diverse organization from top to bottom. Our Board nominees and our executive leadership team are over 40% diverse. Each member of the Executive Leadership Team has a DEI goal embedded in their individual performance goals that is tied to their annual short-term incentive awards.
- Launching the Signature Series: Recruiting for Success, a diversity recruitment training program to source, attract and hire diverse global talent.
- Kicking off a Global Sponsorship Program, which intentionally matches mid-level diverse colleagues with senior leaders to provide mentorship and leadership training.
- Offering Conscious Inclusion training for global people managers to help them better understand biases and form an action plan for implementing inclusive behaviors.
- Hosting 1,180 global ERG events and programs for colleagues, including more than 500 events and programs focused on allyship and education, and more than 150 events and programs focused on wellness.
U.S. Headquarters: New York, NY
Global Employees: 36,000
2021 DiversityInc Top 50 Ranking: No. 37
Official Company Socials
Other DiversityInc Lists
No. 2, Top Companies for Executive Diversity Councils
No. 9, Top Companies for Talent Acquisition for Women of Color
No. 13, Top Companies for Philanthropy